VWR Golf 7 GTI/ R DSG Oil Cooler kit | VWR29G7250
Why you need it:
- Our unique new DSG Oil Cooler Kit is an essential fit for any hard-driven MQB 2.0 TSI car running high power levels or in hot climates. It’s a complete ready to install package, using a clever sandwich plate design for straightforward and completely reliable installation.
- Under hard driving, the factory DSG oil/water cooler is easily overwhelmed. When this happens, the car will protect itself and begin to lower the torque, increase shift times and in extreme circumstances even loose gear selection.
- The RacingLine kit solves this problem: by adding in an additional air/oil cooler positioned right in the airflow at the front of the car, oil temperatures are reduced by around 15 – 20 degrees centigrade (of course dependant on how the car is being used, ambient temps and state of tune).
- The kit uses a clever design that retains the factory oil/water cooling and adds to it with the thermostatically-controlled front-mounted cooler – doubling up your cooling capability when it’s needed with less heat transfer into the water system. We supply a new oil/water cooler (that’s the silver part in the pictures) with the kit that’s lower in height than the OEM one, so that it all packages easily underneath the battery tray without any modifications needed.
- As the cooler sits on the left of the car, it’s fully compatible with cars that already have the RacingLine Oil Cooler Kit.
- Only when the oil exceeds normal temperatures, the thermostat opens. Oil temperature then drops significantly as it is pumped through the densely packed fins of the 10-row cooler’s large surface area mounted right in the cool airflow.
- High-Efficiency Cooler – Our 10-row stacked plate design efficiently forces the hot oil through a series of aluminum pressed plates. Heat dissipates as cold air moves across the plates.
- Temperature Control – Our unique adaptor block oil take-off includes a clever internal thermostatic-control valve to direct oil flow through the cooler only when the temperature hits 82°c/180°F.
- Precision Machined – Precision machined billet components utilizing the latest 5 Axis CNC machines for perfect accuracy, first time, every time.
- 210 Series Braided Hose – Our oil lines feature an attractive outer nylon braid strengthened by a stainless steel inner weave for maximum resilience. Protective external sheath avoids any rubbing damage in use.
- Cold Air Location – The front-mount location brackets of the RacingLine cooler kit places it in the optimum airflow and ensures that oil temperature drops and excess heat is funneled out efficiently.
- Low Profile Cooler – The kit includes a replacement factory-spec oil/water cooler with a lower height, allowing for easy fitment without affecting the battery tray above it.
DSG Cooler Fitment:
As you’d expect, the RacingLine DSG Oil Cooler is a beautifully detailed complete kit, developed exclusively for the DQ250 6-speed DSG gearbox.
- The system is designed for straightforward fitting and ultimate reliability. Everything needed for perfect fitment is included.
- Unlike other DSG oil cooler kits, the RacingLine package keeps the oil/water cooler and adds to it with the oil/air cooler
- 10-row stacked-plate oil cooler radiator, flowed to obtain maximum heat dissipation without undue pressure drop
- Optimum front-mounted location behind left side front lower grill aperture with all necessary brackets and fixing kit supplied
- 210 Series stainless steel, nylon braided feed and return lines run past the chassis leg into the bumper cavity, then connecting to the oil cooler core
Our DSG Cooler design is a unique design: it retains the factory oil/water cooling system, plus adds our oil/air cooling as well. Why?
- The DSG oil will still quickly warm up from the hot water in the engine’s coolant system, reaching full operating temperature as soon as possible.
- But that’s where the problem begins on a hard-driven car. The hot engine coolant will now have little to no cooling effect on the DSG oil, and gearbox temps start to rise rapidly.
- That’s the point at which our sophisticated thermostatic control valve inside the adaptor block will then divert hot oil out to the new 10-row cooler located in the cool fresh air flow whenever temperatures rise.
- After the cooled transmission oil returns from the cooler, it carries less heat to be absorbed into the engine coolant system – helping control all the temperatures under the bonnet.
- Our replacement oil/water cooler (that’s the silver part) is lower in height than the factory one. So the total height of both parts fits perfectly under the battery location above it.
So What’s In The Kit?
- Oil cooler mounting brackets
- AN10 210 series Nylon braided feed and return line
- Billet CNC thermostatic adaptor block
- Replacement, low-profile oil/water cooler
- AN10 10-row oil/air cooler core
- Fitting kit containing all necessary nuts, bolts, washers and rubber mounting bobbins
The kit for all MQB cars comes supplied with two bracket kits. One kit is for Audi S3 models, the other is for all Golf 7 and other MQB models.
Mounting for the bracket set requires drilling bolt holes through the front crash bar.
What’s The Problem On Track?
- When oil temperature reaches 138°C/280°F, the DSG’s control system initiates a reduction in engine torque, meaning a serious drop in performance.
- Carry on driving, and if temperatures then rise above 145°C/293°F, your DSG clutches no longer get the fluid pressure they require and you loose drive altogether as the box goes into a safety mode.
- If you’re in a hot climate this can happen after only about 15 minutes at the track – meaning a long wait while your gearbox cools down again.
Applications: DQ250 Automatic 6-speed Gearboxes Only (Does NOT fit SQ381/DQ500 transmissions)
- VW Golf 7 GTI (2013-2019) 5G 6-speed
- VW Golf 7 R (2013-2017) 5G 6-speed
- VW Passat 2.0 TSI B8 (2015-2019) 3G 6-speed
- VW Arteon 2.0 TSI (2017-2019) 6-speed
- Audi S3 (2013-2017) 8V 6-speed
- Audi TT 2.0 TSI III (2015-2017) 8S 6-speed
- Audi TTS III (2015-2017) 8S 6-speed
- SEAT Leon Cupra III 2014+ 5F 6-speed
- Skoda Octavia vRS III 2014+ 5E 6-speed
- Skoda Superb 1.8 / 2.0 TSI 2015+ B8 3V 6-speed
Racingline DSG Gearbox Oil Cooler For VW/Audi MQB DQ250 6-Speed
It’s not just your engine oil that you need to protect. Your DSG gearbox is susceptible to overheating. And the higher your power, the harder you drive, the more important it is to protect it.
Disclaimer: Prices are sensitive to exchange rate fluctuations. All prices are subject to change without prior notice. Please contact us for current prices and availability of products.